Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Undeserved? I Think not, Sir!

Peace Out! I’ve spent the last few days thinking about the recent awarding of the Nobel Peace Prize to Best African American American President Ever and Don’t Even Think About Saying He’s Not, You Racist, Barack Obama. The flurry of criticism, eye-rolling, and unabashed outrage after the announcement made me nostalgic about the similar reactions I faced after an ill-fated grade school audition for the lead role in our little school’s production of “The Flying Nun.” Good times. I can’t recall another time in my life when my direction seemed so clear cut and obvious: “Exit stage left, MORON!” But I digress. When all of the doubters and naysayers started to come out of the woodwork to question B.A.A.A.President Ever Obama’s Nobel salute, I thought to myself: “Self, why is everyone so upset? Surely this isn’t the first award of distinction given to a man as great as B.A.A.A.P.E. Obama?” I decided to use my awesome skills of investigative research and outright fabrication to get to the bottom of and uncover, or invent, the real, or not so real story of his past achievements and awards. Let’s face it, the man deserves the Nobel Peace Prize for showing enough restraint to not round up all the Universal Health Care protesting oldsters and put them out to sea on a goddamned ice floe. Get your head out of your ass, people!

White Crane Institute

The first example I found of President Obama’s award worthiness was when he was awarded the White Crane/James White Poetry Prize which is a biennial manuscript prize for “excellence in Gay men’s poetry.” The award consists of a $1000.00 cash prize and publication of the winning manuscript. Obama won the award after submitting a manuscript of love poems written to Bill Clinton during a rocky period in the Obama’s fake marriage. The poetry collection was entitled “You Complete Me, Bubba,” and featured such notable poems as “Redneck Soliloquy” and “The Forbidden Highway Less Traveled.” Sure, at the time there were also criticisms leveled at Obama’s win. Complaints of “He’s not gay!” and “He never wrote that!” were heard, but history has looked fondly on his winning of the prize since to this day he is still the only Future B.A.A.A.P.E. to have ever won the award.

Chase that bailout money!

The second example I found or made up to convince you of President Obama’s award worthiness was his deserving win of the Employee of the Month Award at Chase Bank. As a measure of how valuable an employee Obama is to the bank, they have made him Employee of the Month for not only the last half of 2008, but for all the months of 2009, and into the foreseeable future, as long as in the words of Chase Bank CEO Jamie “Diamond Jim” Dimon “He keeps the revenue flowing.” He must be one heck of a valuable employee to be keeping the business afloat all by himself. Obviously he is very deserving of this award!

penthouse-letters

Lastly, but certainly not leastliest, it took some deep investigative research and fabrication to unearth what is possibly Obama’s most impressive award win of all. That’s right folks, the Holy Grail of awards, the coveted Penthouse Forum “Letter of the Month.” As if we needed any more evidence of the man’s award-worthy abilities than his cure of world peace or whatever, his melting of Gay men’s poetry hearts, or his ability to cure a bank’s stupidity-driven insolvency with a simple 25 Billion dollar injection of taxpayer cash. As it so happens, he can also write a mean piece of (semi)erotic fiction. Since this is a family friendly blog (assuming all members of your family over the age of four routinely use the word “fuck”), I will only provide a brief excerpt of his award-winning prose here, but be forewarned, it might get a little tepid steamy!:

Dear Penthouse Forum,

I am a duly elected President of a semi-large country located in the Midwest to Mid North-South Region of a continent somewhere North of South America, but West of Asia and East of Europe. I never thought I would ever have a reason to be writing to Penthouse Forum until today. I have been going through a rough patch lately as I am pretty sure that my wife has been seeing some white guy behind my back (just because I pointed out he was a white guy does not mean you should assume that I am a person of colour, why don’t we just say I am a white person of colour). Apparently this white guy writes some awesome blog that nobody reads, and has a massive johnson, but that is beside my point. I decided today that I was going to fight to get her back. I spent the afternoon tidying up my sock drawer and put on my sexiest pair of Dockers and, impulsively, a v-neck sweater (I know! I’m such a slut!). When my wife, let’s call her Mochelle, walked through the door, I had my plan of seduction waiting for her. I had our living room decked out with all of her favourite things: a case of Diet Pepsi, the new issue of Better Hos and Gardens, and a fresh tube of Lanacane foot cream…

Whoa Nelly! We’d better stop it right there folks! Things are getting a lit-tle bit racy! I don’t think you need to see anymore to realize that the man truly deserved this accolade as well. I guess the point I am trying to get at is that he is a very talented fella, and we should look forward to him receiving many awards, merited and otherwise, in the years to come.

5 comments:

  1. PErsonally, RBG, I think you would have made a fantastic Sister Bertrille...

    Those Casting Agents/Teachers wouldn't know talent if it dressed up as a nun, came flying out of nowhere and hit them in the face.

    For real.

    Funny stuff, RBG...and just so you know, "leastliest" is now my new favorite word...

    For real (again)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although they might not be able to recognize the talent, at least one could get some satisfaction from the face-hitting, no? I know it never fails to brighten up my day.

    "Leastliest" is all right, but I'm kind of partial to "Plagiarcise" these days, which can be defined as the repetitive act of ripping off funny shit from your blog!

    Thanks for stopping by, B, the pleasure was all mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it's me again, your Mommy. Proud to see that you're still making up words - don't think that I didn't spot "leastliest" immediately - I like it!!
    Also proud that you WERE saying the word fuck by the time you were four!! A job well done, I would say - Congratufrigulations to me!! I might have just "outworded" you??? And, oh ya, I like Obama, even if he is "butterscotch", leave him alone!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Patricia
    who's just created the awesome 'Congratufrigulations'
    I simply must add this to my vocabulary! (with the appropriate credit of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Mummy dearest:

    Yeah, Obama's alright I guess for a Best African American American President Ever. I don't really recall using the word "fuck" by the age of four, but I will take your word for it. I am sure I probably used it in a sentence like: "Mother, what the fuck are you doing serving Merlot with a roasted duck breast, you fucking Bolshevik!?"

    @Eileen:

    Sure it's fun when she invents a new word and you know it's made up, but how do you think it was going all through school not knowing that "suplerb" wasn't actually something really great and that a rotisserie wasn't pronounced "rospitterie?"

    ReplyDelete